The singles ministry of Point of Light Family Church mission is to inspire and motivate singles to walk in God’s word and to glorify God with their lives as singles.The singles ministry is enhanced by singles meetings and an annual singles conference.
Our goal is to reach, teach and nurture the singles of our church and community so that each individual will come to faith, Christian maturity, and service through interaction with God, His Word, and one another.
Singles hold a unique place in the kingdom of God. Using Jesus as their guide and example they have one of the best opportunities to minister to others without having to fill the restrictions of family, indirectly as it were, and loved one to be mobile and go where others may not be able to.
All single ministry events sponsored by Point Of Light Singles Ministry are open not only to members, but to the surrounding community as well . You do not need to be a member of our church to participate, but we are open for membership.
So we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please check out our website and check back soon for upcoming events.
Here are some fact about singles in America –
2009 U.S. Demographics –96.6 Million Single Adults (18 and older)
- 53 percent are women
- 47 percent are men
- 61 percent have never been married
- 24 percent are divorced
- 15 percent are widowed
- 31.7 million live alone and comprise 27 percent of all households, up from 17 percent in 1970.
- 16.2 million are 65 and older and comprise 17 percent of all unmarried people.
- There are 88 unmarried men 18 and older for every 100 unmarried women.
- 52.5 million households are maintained by unmarried men or women. These comprise 45 percent of households.
So come let us minister to you so you can ministry to others.
We hope to see you soon!!